Hi! It’s Ayu, and I’m so excited to share my story with this serum product.
What I want to discuss about a collaboration project from Make P:rem and Credithink. Make P:rem is a Korean skincare brand famous that simplifies skincare routines with its multifunctional products using highly pure natural ingredients, and Credithink is an online skincare shop that sells selected Korean skincare brands. The product is a 50 ml Tamanu Calming Serum. This serum is designed to calm and hydrate skin, specifically, using Tamanu Oil as the key ingredient.
Tamanu Oil is quite popular nowadays and has been recognised for its calming and healing properties. Some of the benefits of Tamanu Oil is improving the disappearance of scars and fine lines, in addition to inflammation and other forms of discolouration. Make P:rem sources their Tamanu Oil from Madagascar, known as the source for pure and quality Tamanu products. The Tamanu oil used in this serum has been extracted using the cold-pressed method, which ensures all of the delicate and vital compounds are kept safe and intact.
Other than Tamanu oil, this serum has several vital ingredients too. They are :
- Hyaluronic Acid. In this serum, there are six different kinds of Hyaluronic Acid to penetrate on different levels in the skin. Upper layer (heavy molecular weight): Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Middle Layer (Moderate weight): Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Deeper Layer (Light weight): Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid and Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans.
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract. Concentrated with antioxidant compounds, soothes skin, alleviates troubled skin, has anti-aging benefits.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract. Also known as ‘Tea’ or ‘Green Tea’, packs powerful antioxidants, helps maintain collagen, reduces inflammation.
- Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract. Scavenges harmful free radicals, boosts skin hydration, fights against the appearance of fine lines.
- Eruca Stiva Leaf Extract. This helps protect skin from the effects of the environment, packed with minerals.
- Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Sprout Extract. Helps soften skin, increases skin hydration.
- Brassica Oleracea Italica (Brocolli) Sprout Extracts. Helps protect skin from the effects of the environment, known to regenerate cells.
- Lepidium Sativum Sprout Extract. Packed with vitamins, and helps treat irritated skin, reduces inflammation.
As usual, let’s start with the packaging. It uses an airless pump bottle that prevents air from getting into the bottle which kept the serum fresh until the last drop. It also makes the container to be emptied fully without anything left in it. The pump is also very convenient and easy to control. I give the packaging 10 out of 10 scores.
For texture, I think this more like a lotion than an ordinary watery serum. It’s quite thick and has the signature Tamanu oil scent. I’ve used Tamanu oil before, so I’m used to the scent but if your new to this oil you’ll find a bit disturbing. Tamanu oil does have a strong herbal scent.
By now, I have finished this bottle of serum in 5 months. On the first three months, I use it every day once to twice a day. I use it after toner and other lighter serum, before moisturizer. When my skin wasn’t dry, this serum is enough to take the moisturizer slot. It has a bit oily feels, but sink in quickly into the skin. I don’t have any problems with layering this serum too. This is not an instant serum I must say, but I work wonder! I have been struggling with hormonal acne when I started using this serum, and this helps a lot. After about two months, I notice that I don’t get any hormonal acne (around my chin) anymore, I was struggling with it for the last year. And every time I had breakout or irritation, it heals faster than before, without using spot treatment. It really helps repair my skin barrier, and I’m currently very sad because I just finished the bottle. This is an HG product for me, and I encourage you, who have skin barrier problem, to try this. This bottle cost 27 USD for 50 ml.
Ingredients: Water, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Olivate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Niacinamide, Glycereth-26, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Polyglyceryl-2 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Candelilla Was Ester, Sorbitan Stearate, Simethicone, Propanediol, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Benzyl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Raspberry Ketone, Citric Acid, Tromethamine, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Acrylated/C1-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis(Orange) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil Juniperus Mexicana Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Tocopherol, Adenosine, Sodium Phytate, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Eruca Stiva Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Sprout Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Sprout Extract, Lepidium Sativum Sprout Extract.
That’s it from me! Stay safe and healthy in this difficult time, guys. ❤️